Things I don't understand - Week 3
Why people stand still on moving walkways
Why people who cycle to work wear professional kit that looks like they are cycling in the Tour de France and ride bikes worth a fortune
The UK drinking culture
How everyone I've ever lived with or worked with have never been able to put a new roll of toilet paper on the holder
Why the street directory in England sometimes doesn't reflect the layout of the roads you are driving along
Long division - both how to do it and why you need to know how to do it
Why history isn't taught in Australian schools (but long division is)
People who moan but don't help themselves
How people can bare their iPods up so loud that others can hear them. Fine if you like your music, but doesn't it hurt your ears that loud (I do realise I risk sounding really old right now!!)
Why I totally lost the ability to understand chemistry in year 11
*It should be noted, that this is one of those occasions I'm having trouble double spacing with Blogger


2 Comments:
I love long division!
and I don't understand about the cyclists either! They do it here too.
Hahaha. Love these.
Toilet paper - I don't understand why M and D come to my house and start a new roll each time they use the toilet (don't have a holder)
Cyclists - I don't get that either. Weird.
Long division and history - We don't do either in the way you and I were taught anymore. Long division at my school is taught in grades 5 and 6 to those kids who love maths and just find it fun (as who does need it anyway?). History - I think we're getting better at this but it is a real trade off... Certain other countries know heaps of their own history but little about the world. We know little about our own country and lots about the rest of the world.
Please explain the drinking culture comment. I think that may make an interesting post. How is it different to Aust?
Post a Comment
<< Home