Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Try, try and try again

I once read an interview with a chef (I can't remember who it was now) who had a great suggestion for creating killer dishes, you know the ones, the ones you are happy serving up to your family and friends because you know they are going to love it.

She suggested picking 10 dishes, and cook them each 10 times, each time becoming more familiar with the recipe, tweaking it to your taste, until you have 10 dishes you can cook easily and know you'll be proud of.

I thought this was a great idea, and realised, I kind of do this already, some dishes I've been cooking for years, others I'm still refining.

Here are my 10 dishes:
  1. Broccoli Pasta
  2. Zucchini Pasta
  3. Chicken/Prawn Korma
  4. Prawn & Cous Cous Salad
  5. Ricotta & Mushroom Pasta
  6. Chilli Con Carne
  7. Chicken & grilled lemon and lime salad
  8. Chicken Saag with Spiced Rice
  9. Steamed Rice (boring, but I'm determined to get it right - not too mooshy, not burnt)
  10. Mushroom Risotto

So there you go, I make no appologies if you eat one of these at my house, but thankyou for taking part in my experiments!!

5 Comments:

At 5:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have not made me any of these dishes.... hint hint... Carly x

 
At 9:54 pm, Blogger Anna said...

Um, I believe you have cooked the Korma yourself, AND you MUST have had more than one of the others (queue momentary panic)

What about next week sometime!!

 
At 10:30 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm on my way. I want #4, #3, #10, #8, um, can I have them all?
I'm not too great at rice either! What's up with that?!!

I'm jealous of Carly-she gets to come over to your house next week sometime!!!

 
At 12:31 am, Blogger Anna said...

Don't be too jealous, she's had to immigrate in order to enjoy my food!!

 
At 11:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much more adventurous than meat and 3 vegs
Love JEG xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home