Cooking with Mrs M
I started taking photos of the food I've been cooking recently - it's really helpful, I cook a lot, often experimental, but I don't record it very often. I cook with one of 2 things in mind, nutrition or the "wow" factor. Below are some things I've cooked recently. Hopefully they inspire you to try something new.
This is one of my favorite dishes - it's quick and easy to prepare, and is always received well, making it the ideal dinner party dish. The photos above and below are the same dish with different pastas.
The one above was cooked for Tino and I using wholewheat fusili pasta
The one below was for a dinner party using giant pasta shells.
Couscous & Prawn Salad
This was probably the most tasty thing I've cooked in ages, and as usual, it was one of those situations where I felt like we had nothing in the cupboard and threw things together I would not normally have done. It was fantastic on the night - and wonderful the next day cold for lunch.
Recipe: Mix lemon juice, olive oil and parsley together and add the cooked prawns and set aside.
Roughly chop an iceberg lettuce (yes, boring old iceberg!!) and add some chopped celery, don't discard the leaves if there are any, they add flavour.
Add cooked soya beans, broccoli and snow peas whilst they are still warm
Mix with a packet of coriander and lime couscous loosened with a little lemon juice and olive oil
(If you don't have access to flavoured couscous - mine was Sainsburys, I guess you could cook normal couscous with plenty of lemon juice and some pureed coriander leaves)
I love Chilli Con Carne, tonight I made Chilli Con not so much Carne!
We're trying to make sure we eat a lot of veggies and not too much red meat. Tonight I made this with a very small pack of organic mince steak.
Ingredients: Onion, garlic, mince, sweet potato, soya beans (I'm putting them in everything at the moment) mushrooms, canned tomatoes, and canned chilli kidney beans, Chilli con carne sachet and green pepper
Results are below before we ate!!


5 Comments:
The prawn salad looks really good!
Mmmm broccoli pasta!!!
Do you boil the broccoli as long as the pasta? In the same pot?
Yes, I am someone that can't even open the fridge without a recipe.
Good on you for having a go at something different!
I always have to follow a recipe
love JEG xxx
Couscous and prawn salad must have sounded good as Betty Leask has now made it - guess we don't know who is reading our blogs! (She is not sure how to 'leave a comment')
Post a Comment
<< Home