Monday, June 23, 2008

Passion

I don't think I've ever had a passion, until now. I have really enjoyed doing a lot of things, but it wasn't until I started pottery again that understood what it feels like to be passionate about something. I understand now what makes Tino ride up mountains, and check windguru everyday even though he doesn't even have a kite surfer (and he has a wife who refuses to let him get one until we have more space for sports kit)

I can't think about pottery enough, I watch endless youtube videos, read blogs, look at etsy and flickr. I really think about it all the time, I've planned out my future backyard studio, I've got more ideas for projects than I do time to do them in.

I came across these sweet angels, they are similar to some I gave as presents 2 years ago, but I think I might be making some as presents this year.

Photo from Studio Elan

4 Comments:

At 3:31 am, Blogger Turning Japanese said...

What a fabulous idea.
I SOOOO wish you'd visited me in Japan. The ceramic capital of the world (almost). You'd have loved it. Maybe in the future. We could go together and you could do a short course.
I wish that I had done more pottery there when I had the chance (in Japan). I did a teeny bit. I enjoy ceramics too but it isn't a passion like it has become for you (that is photography for me).
Also, you're good at it.
How about a set of angels? Varying sizes? White?

 
At 7:33 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I know what you are saying about passion -especially passion for clay! If you make some angels be sure to send me a pic!!

Eleanor

 
At 10:45 pm, Blogger Marg and Graham said...

These remind me of a little 'nanna' you once made!

 
At 5:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send a picture when you get round to making some angels. I was impressed with the little pottery bowl
Love JEG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home