Monday, May 12, 2008

Starbucks

It doesn't take much to make me happy....

I have just spent 2 hours resizing pictures for a website I'm updating when Photoshop decided to mysteriously close. CLOSE!! I had just started to save everything I'd been bulk resizing when it closed and I lost everything. 2 HOURS WORK!!!

Not hard to imagine I was pretty furious, even more furious as it's my own stupid fault for not saving as I go.

But that's not what makes me happy - obviously.

I thought it best to remove myself from the office, just in case I did something I regretted involving my computer screen and a stiletto heel, so I went to Starbucks.

As I entered, I saw a family of tourists walk toward the counter at the same time, I knew they'd be slow, indecisive and basically p*ss me off, so I speed walked in an attempt to get in front of them. DAMN! I missed and as I guessed, they spent FOREVER to decide, then couldn't understand the server, then couldn't work out which note to use to pay.... Argh - SERIOUSLY PEOPLE YOU ARE IN BETWEEN A P*SSED OFF WOMAN AND HER MOCHA FRAPACCINO, DO YOU REALISE THE HARM THAT COULD COME OF YOU!!!???

Anyhoo - I breathed in, I smiled and I tried to retain composure whilst I ordered.

THEN - they forgot my order!!

Seriously - CAN IT GET ANY WORSE!!??

But then I got happy!! Without me having to complain, the barista I ordered from recognised me, knew my EXACT order, told off his frapaccino making colleague and made my drink himself whilst apologising profusely.

Not only that, but he gave me a free voucher for another drink of my choice, and I hadn't even complained in the first place!!

Starbucks DEFINATELY understand customer service.

Do you ever have situations where a whole sequence of events seems to conspire against you? I love it when they are turned around by one simple change.

Thanks Starbucks!

3 Comments:

At 3:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog via news feed on Starbucks. Then I noticed the News from London and poked around a bit as I am a HUGE England fan although never been.

Loved your blog and I love your sarcasm! I am a fan and I will be subscribing!

Eric

 
At 6:03 am, Blogger Turning Japanese said...

I love this story too... I always think of Japan when I think of Starbucks. It was the best coffee there. I never go here in Melbourne. Back to Japan... The Starbucks under Kyoto Tower is a great place to meet people (like the clocks at Flinders Street - you can get lost)!

 
At 11:52 am, Blogger Marg and Graham said...

mmm - some days are full of the domino effect...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home