Sunday, May 25, 2008

My creation!


I've just had a batch of pottery out of the kiln. Unfortunately there was a problem with the firing and most of the glazes didn't come out right. I've only ended up with 3 out of 8 pieces which are usable. (Mum's toothbrush holder is one of the casualties) It's a little disappointing, but it is part of the game, you don't know how each individual piece will behave. I've learnt not to get attached to anything, and to make more than one of each piece so you have something in backup!

This is one of the pieces which did turn out. It's so great at work to use something that I created, the girls were rather impressed!! There is a small gap between the two glazes which is not great, but totally my fault and again, it's all part of the learning process. It's a lovely little cup, the weight of it is lovely and the lip is really nice to drink from.

4 Comments:

At 11:55 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

It is gorgeous! How nice to have that to remind yourself how creative you can be!

 
At 12:26 am, Blogger Turning Japanese said...

I love this snap shot of you and your life at work!

 
At 1:45 pm, Blogger Scott said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1:46 pm, Blogger Scott said...

I agree - I love the snapshot of your desk!

(Somehow 'the lip is really great to drink from' ironically sounds slightly inappropriate for work!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home