Saturday, October 20, 2007

Shopping in France


We went to France earlier this month, we drove down to Dover and took the car on the ferry accross to Calais. We'd been meaning to do it for 6 years, and are embarassed at how easy the trip was. We are now planning to go back grocery shopping! Yes, you heard us, we're going to go accross there to shop. Basically everything is cheaper there, they have amazing hypermarkets and their fresh produce, dairy and meat leave England for dead. As you may remember, foreign supermarkets are something I love and I wasn't disappointed. We behaved quite well as we didn't think to take an Esky/coolbox but I'm thrilled that we're going back again.
We're probably going to go with Chrissie and Andy, Chrissie wants to hire a big "f**k off car" as neither of ours are large enough she believes - she may be worse than me!!
We bought a box of wine as it was so cheap, above is what we got. The funny thing is, we couldn't decide on what to get. It's all French wine, we didn't recognise any of the wineries, so we went for a very scientific choice. We chose the above because the name sounded like Margaret - so Mum, lucky for you the wine is nice!! We'd have been blaming you if it wasn't!!
Next trip back I'll be getting boxes of champagne too!!

3 Comments:

At 5:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a fabulous trip to France and that there are bargains to be had! I would have thought that every thing would have been expensive. Jean shopped in France when she lived in Germany (Goch). Do either of you speak French? Quite an advantage I believe.
Love JEG

 
At 8:12 am, Blogger Anna said...

Barely!! But we got by, I do a lot of guessing

 
At 10:43 am, Blogger Marg and Graham said...

Love this! Of course the wine is lovely - shame I don't get any royalties for name use - I'll be over in a flash when the champagne is bought!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home