Government Intervention
It is difficult to have political opinions in either country I call home. Without being there, I don't experience what is happening in Australia, and the UK is such a regimented society, what happens in parliament seems so far removed from everyday life. This is a country which spent endless parliamentary hours debating the criminalisation of fox hunting, whilst in the meantime their country goes to war with itself. Okay - so maybe I do have an opinion.
I've recently got back in touch with an old friend Greg, he's now living in Ngukurr a remote community 3.5hrs drive from Katherine. He's a linguist, and has been in the NT for about 5 years now learning & recording endangered Aboriginal languages.
I'm proud to know someone who is doing such an amazing thing with their life.
If you want to know what the Aust Governments decisions really mean to these communities, read his blog.
That Munanga Linguist


1 Comments:
Fantastic - well done Greg!
Post a Comment
<< Home