Friday, June 22, 2007

Do you sell Kaw-fee?

This happened to me last week, I've been meaning to mention it on the blog ever since. After Mari's blog about the consfusion with tea in Nashville, I thought I'd better get this down. This woman was even grumpier than I am before my morning cup.

I was in the Bagel Factory the other day buying a hang-over bagel. When an American woman raced into the shop.

NB: When you read this the word coffee should at all times be pronounced kaw-feee

Woman: "Do you sell coffee?" (she's standing in front of the coffee machine..)

Bagel Girl: "Pardon?" (as I said, the womans standing in front of the coffee machine)

W: "Coffee, do you sell coffee?"

BG: "Yes, we do"

W:"Really, do you sell coffee, coffee?"

BG: "Yes, we do" (now beginning to be really confused about this maniac)

W: "Do you just have espresso, or real coffee, because I don't want espresso, I want coffee coffee?"

BG: "We have all types of coffee"

W: "Great, then I'll have a coffee"

BG: "What sort of coffee would you like?"

W: "What do you mean? I just want a coffee"

BG: "Would you like a cappucino, latte.....?"

The woman cuts her off at this point

W: "NO! That's espresso I said I want real coffee!!"

Then she stormed out of the store muttering about "real coffee"

I can only imagine that she wanted filter coffee, a la The Central Perk. As far as that being "real coffee" millions of Italians, Greeks, Turks, & Colombians might disagree with that one.

1 Comments:

At 11:43 am, Blogger Turning Japanese said...

She obviously wanted the Starbucks next door!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home