Friday, May 11, 2007

London Burlesque Festival


You might remember I went to a masquerade 30th a few months back with Carly - her friend is a burlesque dancer and performed. We went to the the Soho Revue Bar last night to watch her again, this time as part of the London Burlesque Festival.
She was fab (again) stunning (again) and glamorous (again)
You can see more about her at www.misssapphira.com
Burlesque is really quite amazing, and we were really amazed at the culture that surrounds it. There were a lot of people totally dressed up who were not performing, including men, the women were in corsets, hourglass dresses and pencil skirts, the men in 20's styled suits and hats, it was really an experience to take in.
It was such a good night, but I will not be donning tassels just yet!

4 Comments:

At 10:27 pm, Blogger Marg and Graham said...

Does sound like fun - where does all this originate from?

 
At 10:44 pm, Blogger Marg and Graham said...

OK now I have done my research! These performers are called 'ecdysiasts'. Still sounds like fun. (And PS - the link did not work.) M XXX

 
At 11:27 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Josh wants to go! As soon as he saw the picture, he asked where it was!

 
At 9:54 am, Blogger Anna said...

Mari - you'll need to look into it, and you and Josh can have a night out. It's really great.

I've fixed Miss Sapphira's website, I missed a "p"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home