Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Italia, Italia!!

I always love getting away to Musellaro, the teeny tiny village where Tino's dad was born and lived until he was 10. We try and get there pretty regularly, but it's been almost a year since our last went there.

We went for Easter this year, and took Carly with us. Here are some pictures.

Relaxing - and with a glass of wine, ahh!


This trip we explored another area of Abruzzo, not far from Pescara is a town called Penne, which as a lake in it. We had a Porchetta picnic in this field, it was fab! The lake is a water bird sanctuary, there was a run down education walk along the edge, it is a shame it wasn't kept up, it looked like it was really good, loads of trees, and native animal areas. We only saw frogs, but they were huge!

It is no secret I love my food, and there is no better place to indulge that Italy. This was an afternoon snack. I bought the magazine on the way out of Heathrow, it is the annual Italy issue - it was on the table when we brought out the food and coffee. The olives are "gigantica" giant green olives and really good. The salami is Aquilano - typical of Aquila, a large city in Abruzzo. then there's boccocini mozzarella, mini gherkins and black olives. It was wonderful!

This is one of the best views in the area. The church is next to the house and is the church of San Antonio, the area of Musellaro where the house is. The mountain on the right is Morrone.

Carlita, Tino and Ernesto on the bridge between Salle Vecchio and San Tomasso. It was great to see Ernesto again.

2 Comments:

At 4:12 pm, Blogger Scott said...

Jealousy inducing! I can't wait to take weekends away with you when in London.

 
At 8:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your blog on visiting Musellaro. My grandparents are from the Village of Musellaro. I am planning a trip to Italy and hope to visit. Can you give me some direction on how to get to the village. There is very little on the internet regardging Musellaro.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home