It's time to set the record straight!
I'm doing this on behalf of all newly married women worldwide -
Please note:
Getting married does NOT automatically mean the bride wants to get pregnant.
So please, it's neither funny nor is it original to make these jokes - so please stop it. And if you hear a friend/colleague/relative making fun of a newly-wed, tell them to stop it too. It's really tiring.


4 Comments:
Wow. You are a bit grumpy about the subject...hormones?
Sorry. I couldn't help it. I didn't mean it. I didn't get married in order to get pregnant. We waited about 3 years.
You don't even have to get pregnant. Fine with me. Do whatever you want. I'm just happy you have such a fun last name!
It's so annoying! Most conversations I've had since I've been back have gone a long the lines of:
"Congratulations on your wedding, I bet you had a great time. Your not pregnant yet are you"
or
"Congratulations on your wedding, I bet you had a great time. I guess you'll be starting a family soon"
or
"Congratulations on your wedding, I bet you had a great time. It's time for babies now I guess"
Even my 65 year old CEO asked me if I was pregnant yet.
Oh to even have the option... I wish!
xxx
Apparently it doesn't stop even after you are pregnant, you get the old so are you going to have anymore. HELLO- I haven't even had it yet!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home