THAT's what bridesmaids are for
When I first asked Carly to be my bridesmaid, I wondered what the actual role of the bridesmaid is?
Carly tells me the origin was that if something happened to me, she was to marry Tino and look after him. Hm, I think she might have been trying to pull a sly one with that. Let's just say I'm watching my back.
Well anyway, I worked out the REAL reason you need a bridesmaid today. It's too bloody scary to shop for wedding stuff alone, that's why!! Bridal shops are SO intimidating. I went out to Chiltern St at lunch today to look at veils. There are about 6 bridal boutiques. I went down there, but it was way too scary! Firstly, none of the doors open, you have to ring a bell, plus the women that work in them are frightning, they all look like old dutchesses. There's one store which I know is really nice, and it has the shoes in it which I want to buy, but I just couldn't go in alone. I walked along, telling myself to stop being such a pussy and to ring the god damned bell! I walked past, and back, looked in another window, then back, and I STILL couldn't do it. Why am I scared?
Anyway, I reasoned with myself that as I didn't have a photo of the dress with me there was no point looking, so I came back to work, none-the-wiser, empty handed and feeling increadibly pathetic.
I would have been fine with Carly there to support me!


2 Comments:
Too funny! I had to go into a bridal shop to get fitted for my bridesmaids dress (wedding is Nov 18), and you are right--very intimidating. My mom made my wedding dress, so I never had to worry about it for my wedding.
You didn't seem to have too much trouble with your dress, so pluck up the courage to ring the damn bell and see the veils and shoes (make sure they're comfy!)
Love JEG
Post a Comment
<< Home