Reasons I love playing tennis
My adoring public have started sending hate mail as it's been over a week since I wrote, however, I've been really busy at work and given that's where I normally blog, I've not really had the chance.
I've wanted to blog about tennis since I started playing with Tino about 2 months ago. I really love it. I was going to write a post about the obvious similarities between Anna Kournikova and myself (good looks, tall, blonde, latin lovers, bra, tennis ability, actually I think I'm probably better than her so strike that!) I did a Google Image search for "Anna Tennis" and the first image that came up was a picture of an Anna in the middle of a dance floor, naked, displaying a peculiar "skill" with her racket! I have been trying to work out how I can possibly include it in here without giving my older audience heart attacks, but alas, I a) can't decide how to do it, or what I write to accompany such a shot and b) can't be bothered photoshopping it to make it safe for my adoring public. So if you want to see it you'll have to search.
Here are some reasons I love playing tennis:
- It's the only sport we've ever attempted together where our abilities are similiar
- It doesn't feel like you are working that hard, but you are
- I get to make silly noises
- It's a great stress release
- I've been trying to find a sport I enjoy for the last 15 years
- I love seeing the look on Tino's face when I hit a killer shot that amazes him
- We have a really good laugh at ourselves
- My height is an advantage
- If I'm feeling particularly energetic, I'll use picking up the balls to do my lunges
- I like the way my engagement ring sparkles under the lights!! I understand why tennis players wear so much bling now
- I get to visit Battersea Park 3 or 4 times a week and the Thames is beautiful at night
- I don't have to sweat that much
Here are some reasons I KNOW I love playing tennis:
- I will get up for an 8am court on a weekend
- I sucessfully started playing at the end of summer and have continued playing although it's frickin freezing outside now
- I'm already planning how/when/how often we'll be able to play in Australia in Feb
- I'm particular about the age of my balls (hee hee)
- I actually care if I am playing badly and get frustrated that my serving is terrible
- I'm still playing even though it is dark at 4pm
- I listen when Tino coaches me, rather than being indignant
- I'm disappointed if it's raining and we can't play
- I don't think of reasons to get out of going
- I'll talk proudly about my ability even though I'm not that good
- I actually put myself in front of Tino's serves even though I'm terrified of the speed with which they come flying at me and the fact the jolt up my arm kills when I do connect with one!


3 Comments:
Go - Anna!
That all sounds very inspiring, Anna! You sound like you both are having a brilliant time playing! I have often wondered about playing tennis. I love to watch it... So maybe... Altho i was a bit dismayed that you mentioned the raunchy Anna K pic, however did not paste the link... Can't mention a scandalous pic like that and not expect others to be curious at the twat making an idiot of herself! AGAIN!
xxx
It's so ironic that your friend April should mention the word "twat" in reference to that pic, isn't it?
Are you still loving tennis? I love it too (but haven't played in ages). Did you hear about Martina Hingis hoeing into the cocaine at Wimbledon?!
Post a Comment
<< Home