Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I admit it, I had a blonde moment

Newspaper Headline Yesterday:
Racing legend Desert Orchid dies, aged 27

After 5 years of living here, I like to think I'm pretty up-to-date with UK music, television and sporting references. Reading the above headline, I thought to myself, how sad, 27 is really young. I also thought, I've never heard of a Desert Orchid, bit of a funny name, maybe she's African. I was busy wondering what type of racing she was involved in, when I saw the front page:

She's a horse! Desert Orchid is a horse! How dumb did I feel!

At least it makes a change from Madonna on the front page!

3 Comments:

At 4:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did it Anna! I have just entered the 21st century. Now I know how to do it there will be no stopping me. Don't worry, I have blonde moments every moment of the day. Carly xxx

 
At 4:24 pm, Blogger Anna said...

Bravo Darls!!

 
At 11:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are obviously not up to date with the sporting scene in England!
Maybe the horse was owned by the Queen!
Love JEG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home