Thursday, October 19, 2006

We're off for the weekend.......

I'm pretty excited about heading away this weekend, we're off to Brussels on the Eurostar. Brussels, the capital city of the only country in the world more obsessed by beer than Australia. Not only that, but famous chocolate manufacturing, waffles & mussels!!!! How am I ever going to fit into THAT dress in February??!!

Mmm, Brussels................!

It's not for food alone I'm excited. We're meeting up with our old Uni friends and I can't wait. Try and keep up here for a minute:

  • Tino and I went to University with Ash and Nick
  • Ash has two kids with Kate, but they are not married
  • Ash, Kate and Kids live in Australia
  • Nick is married to Michelle
  • Nick lives in Geneva
  • Michelle lives in New York

Okay, got your head around that?! You may need to draw a diagram...
So, part 2:

  • Ash, Kate and Kids are in Europe travelling and have arranged for us all to meet up in Brussels
  • We've ordered our wedding invites from an American company who, after ordering, we found out were going to charge us an astronomical amount for sending to London, PLUS we would have had to pay import tax on, negating choosing to order from the States because they were cheaper.
  • So, we had them delivered to Michelle (in New York - keep up)
  • Michelle is bringing them with her to Brussels
  • Where we will hand deliver the first invites to the two couples
  • And bring the rest back to London to send out

So in summary, 2 Australians living in London ordered the invitations for their Australian wedding from a US company, to be delivered to New York, to be taken to Brussels where we will be staying with 6 people who live in Melbourne, Geneva and New York!!!!

I'm also really looking forward to seeing Ash & Kate's kids, they are great, I spent a very quick dinner with them when I was home in April. These kids have the best personalities. Will, the oldest is known to ask questions such as "Do fish eat pork?" I can't wait to hear what he comes up with over the weekend!

Catch up with you after the weekend.

Love Anna

2 Comments:

At 1:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great weekend with your friends and enjoyed all the good things on offer. I would have loved the chocolate! Pity I can no longer eat it
Love JEG

 
At 5:26 am, Blogger April in Wonderland said...

MMMMM! sounds like fun and so much better than just going to lorne for the weekend! If only...

xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home