Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I swear my electical goods have personalities

I honestly think some of my electrical goods have personalities.

Specifically I'm talking about my hair dryer and my coffee maker, and the thing is, they are not very nice.


I lllloooooovvvvveee my coffee machine, it is the BEST piece of kit I have ever bought. I can't explain how much I love it. Maybe I love it too much and that's why it acts like a petulant brat. See, it has a built in timer, so I can program it to brew coffee ready for when I wake up. However, if I don't get up as soon as it finishes, when I go into the kitchen I swear it is glaring at me impatiently in a "so THERE you are, I've been waiting 15 minutes for you to get here!" way. If I wait too long, it turns the heat pad off just to punish me!! I usually make 4 cups at once, which is just enough for 2 big mugs, but if I make 6 cups and come back for a second, it seriously appears to be sulking that I've left it alone!

And my hairdryer also has a temperament! I've gone from washing and drying my hair daily to every 3 days. My hair looks much more healthy, but I think my hair dryer is not happy. To punish me, it has started to cut out. I get 90% of the way finished and it just stops! It's always JUST as I am finishing up, at the most crucial time. SO, I've upgraded it. Ha, teach it a lesson! I have spent a huge amount on the Bentley of hair dryers. Da daaaaah!! This is the T3 which is getting delivered today, it seems to be the creme de la creme of dryers.

It's beautiful isn't it! The reviews are great, I'm expecting that I wont even need to hold it, it will dry and style my hair, kiss me on the cheek, pat me on the bum and send me on my way to work! My old hairdryer (the Corolla of hairdryers) has worked out it's about to be superceeded and worked fine today!

See? They have personalities!

1 Comments:

At 10:14 am, Blogger Turning Japanese said...

I had a drip coffee machine like that in Japan... I loved it too. I am now thinking of getting one here. What is yours? Do you like it/recommend it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home