Friday, October 27, 2006

Biphasic sleep - a shaky start

Hmm, I'm not sure about this....

I'm not giving up yet, but our first 'nap' didn't go so well. Neither of us slept, and both of us were pretty grumpy upon getting up. I think in the future we'll do our 1.5hr nap when we get home or not until 10-10.30, 9.30 is a funny time.

I've been up for about 40 mins now, and am feeling better, but I still just want to crawl back into my nice, soft, warm bed and sleep until we get up to play tennis tomorrow morning.

It's ages since I've seen Mari, but we were pretty similar in behaviours - both of us loved our beds and hated getting up, if she can pull this off, so can I.

I think it's going to be important to find things to do in the awake phase, but I'm quite excited at the possibilities, I do feel like sometimes, I get home, cook dinner, eat, tidy up and go to bed, and don't end up with any time to do my own thing.

Tonight I'm going to get a charity bag ready to take down on Saturday morning.

1 Comments:

At 2:44 am, Blogger Unknown said...

How exciting!
As for the nap phase, my hint is to get up straight away and do something right away. I've started doing either pilates or ironing (when I just can't get myself motivated to even start the dvd, much less exercise!). That seems to get me awake enough to get a lot done between the nap and second bedtime.
Times when I just get up and talk to Josh (who is NOT doing the biphasic sleeping, he just stays up late), I tend to want to get right back in bed or fall asleep when he is talking!
With my parents--I mean parenT visiting, I can't do anything outside of my bedroom as my mom is in the living room and her friends are in the den. I guess I could take a bath, but I think that would be counterproductive... Anyway, having them here has been difficult, in more ways than one. Needless to say, I'm really tired and am looking forward to getting back to my true biphasic sleeping schedule!
I can't wait to hear more about how you two are doing.
Wow. This is long. Maybe I should've just posted this as an entry on my blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home