Sunday, September 17, 2006

Okay - 'fess up!

So, my last post had a lot of detail about what was on the shelf above my sofa. Tino laughed at my detail as I was writing, but I am really inquisitive and if I was looking at the blog, I would wonder what everything was on there. Mari was grateful, so if only one person appreciated it, I'm happy, but it made me wonder, am I the only person who looks into my friends bathroom cabinets?


I know I can't be the only one who likes to know what brand of toothpaste/deodorant etc my friends use. I find it so fascinating. Might be the hang over from my Body Shop days, I am curious about what brands people use.

It is really interesting - and I don't believe other people don't do it.


Here are some interesting things I've found out.
1. Often the most "earth mother" people I know have really expensive cosmetic tastes, when you think they'd have basic organic stuff.

2. Men own a lot more product than they admit to
3. A lot of people put posh product on display, but they have brand own in the cupboard

4. Whilst there is a posh brand of hand wash on the sink, they are often refilled with a much cheaper alternative
5. People have a strange fascination with taking hotel toiletries - maybe it's a value for money thing.

So, dear friends - I challenge you to admit your bathroom snooping and share some discoveries of your own.

(By the way, that's not my cabinet, I don't have one yet, it's just a pic I found)

5 Comments:

At 9:48 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I was so excited to look into your cupboard-until I read the last sentence!

 
At 11:22 pm, Blogger Marg and Graham said...

MMMM - only expensive perfumes in our cupboard - the expesive men's gear is on display!

 
At 10:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing exciting in my batroom cabinet! The expensive perfume is on the chest of drawers on a Hathaway Rose Wedgwood plate that your mother got me on E-Bay. I was pleased to learn what the items were on the shelves above the counch!

 
At 11:59 am, Blogger Anna said...

Mari - I don't have one at the moment, but I do have a shelf in the linen cupboard which looks like a bombsite, maybe I'll try and post it for you.

 
At 8:55 am, Blogger April in Wonderland said...

Hmmm, altho i am so sure that others do it and thats cool, i have to say that i don't look into other peoples bathroom cabinets etc. Unless its my sisters. Thats the only one, but i have to say that it was only to see if she had band aids... Am i missing out? Should i start snooping??? Perhaps it reveals more about the person than i ever thought it could...? Interesting concept and a healthy sense of curiousity! Alice would be proud!

xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home