It's here!!!
Waaaaaay back when I first started blogging, I was very excited to tell you about our first furniture purchase, our sofa (Chaise and Cliches). After being extremely patient for 3 whole months, it arrived today!!!
BUT, you wouldn't believe it, we've noticed a small slit in the left hand arm, so we have to probably send it back! I'll call them tomorrow and see, but for now, we're enjoying it and feeling very proud of ourselves.
Above the sofa is a shelf of photo's, nic-nacs and memories. In case you are interested, this is what is on there: Top shelf: Photo of Tino diving off Blairgowrie Rock, circa 1996 Middle shelf l-r: Photo of Mamma & Pabbi, I think it might have been taken at Idunn's wedding, my very precious Icelandic ceramic bowl given to me as a leaving present by Ari & Ola, the cork from the first bottle of champagne we opened in the house, and a red wooden teapot and cup sent by Ellen. Bottom shelf l-r: Japanese doll and bowls from mum, dad and Ellen, a photo of Lyn & Santino with Marco's kids, and a panorama of Musellaro.
Also arrived this week, 4 of our 6 dining chairs. The table arrived when mum and dad were here, and it looks so nice with the new chairs. They are really comfortable, and we look forward to many long evenings with our friends enjoying good food and good wine.
So, that's everything now. There are a few other bits we will keep an eye out for like wardrobes, coffee tables and bedside tables, but there is no rush when we see what we like we'll buy it.
Our house is becoming our home and we love it!
The next few things we'd like to do is get some art and photo's on the walls, give the lounge, hall and bedroom a fresh coat of paint, pull up the carpet and sand the floors, not much really!! Should keep us busy for a bit!
More photo's and more news soon,
Anna


10 Comments:
All does look great - what a bummer about the mark on lounge - hope something can be done about that. ining chairs really suit. X
OOPS that is DINING chairs!
It all looks wonderful and comfy. What a pain about the sofa but you should have a perfect one from the start!
ah, it will sort itself out, I'm not that fussed, I'm sure they'll replace it.
Your home is beautiful. I'm so glad you described what was on the shelf as my exact thoughts were, "Cute shelf. Wonder what is on it." I wonder what my house would look like without the Koolaid stains everywhere...
miss you!!
Tino laughed at me for putting that in! But I knew I'd be wondering if I saw it on someone elses blog.
You guys are all grown up!
Yor house is really starting to look like a home, a very nice home
Love JEG xxxx
It all looks sooo spectacular guys! I love the dining area with the doors... where does that lead out to? a balcony? If so, i am soooo jealous! You should be rapt with the couch and dining table! Its funny that furniture that you have chosen makes it all seem like your home as soon as its in its place huh! Tip: do as you said and don't rush on the purchases just cos you need them. I am sooo glad i waited to find just the right dining set and couch/chaise rather than those i just saw when i needed them - i seriously would have been all out of sorts if i had 'SETTLED'! Little bummer bout the couch tho, i thought mine would have to go back too, cos they couldn't get it thru the door initially, thankfully the men were nice enough to hang around and take my front door off to get it thru! Then put it back on again!!! I'm sure they'll make it all perfect for you. Look forward to more pics.
xxx
Thanks April!
I think the reflection in the glass makes it look like doors, it's actually a bay window and sadly no balcony. This is a pic from the move of the same window, looks a lot different!! http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1818/2279/1600/IMG_2730.jpg
We've been looking at paint samples and I can't wait to start!
It is so much fun!
Post a Comment
<< Home