Thursday, August 10, 2006

Don't people have better things to do?

So I may work in the online world, but it makes me so mad that people have nothing better to do with their lives than be E-Pests.

E-Pests are the sorts of people that propegate viruses, send you emails about viagra etc all for the benefit of what, about 0.001 Euro cents per opening! It makes me so mad

So anyway... My humble little blog, with it's little loyal following has recently been the focus of a irritating, time wasting little E-Shit. It's so annoying. Please ignore any comments that you see saying "here are some links you might be interested" (their English, not mine) or "your blog is my favorite , keep up the good work" etc I have no idea who this person is, and I cannot vouch for the link they are including. I've recieved about 20 of them in the last week.

THEREFORE: I've turned on Comment moderation - this means your comments (dear and trustworthy friends) will not be visible immediately, you will have to wait for me to approve them before they go live.

Sorry to be a pain, but I do not want to be the source of anything hostile/virusy on your computers.

Please bare with me, I'm sure they'll get bored soon and I'll return everything to normal. I love hearing from you all, it's so irritating that they ruin our fun.

Lots of love

Anna

9 Comments:

At 1:00 pm, Blogger Marg and Graham said...

Well said Anna XXX

 
At 12:30 am, Blogger Turning Japanese said...

Did you try turning on word verification first?? I can't remember if you had that on. I put it on and it stopped all that crap quick smart!!! Slightly less bother than comment modification.
If you already tried that, disregard my idea. I can't believe you still got them though! Did you TRASH the damn annoying ones?

 
At 11:47 am, Blogger Anna said...

Thanks Smell

I couldn't remember what it was called to turn on the security word. I thought "word verification" would scan for posts with certain words in them and screen ased on that - Duh!

I'lll turn it on now, MUCH easier, I estimate I've probably spent over an hour all up deleting the nuicance posts.

 
At 9:28 am, Blogger Turning Japanese said...

I hope this works for you. I never get them anymore... Good luck!

 
At 9:56 am, Blogger Anna said...

So far, so good.

 
At 12:16 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

The other really cool thing about word verification is you can try and make words out of the gobbledeegook that you have to verify!
I can't think of a word for pnqfgwc though!

 
At 6:58 am, Blogger Turning Japanese said...

I once had one tht was leterally a word... Can't think of it right now though.

 
At 8:04 am, Blogger April in Wonderland said...

Jeez, it seems to be a bit of an epidemic at the moment, i've had a few of those too of late. I also turned the word verification back on and it seems to be working so far.

Well done with this post! it summed up how i was feeling about the whole thing too!

xxx

 
At 12:47 pm, Blogger Anna said...

Hi All, thanks for you sympathy, I've turned it on, and should be back to normal, much easier to deal with.

Anna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home