... and then there were two...
So, Mum and Dad are on the plane home, right now I guess they are somewhere just out of Helsinki on the way to Hong Kong. We've had a great week and a half, but I am sure they are looking forward to getting into their own beds and stopping. They were so hyped up after Russia, I think it took them a couple of days in London just to calm down a bit. For those of you in Australia, prepare yourselves for lots of stories, history lessons and photo's. They saw some amazing things on their way. We started a blog for them whilst they were here, I hope they keep it up, so people can see a little more of their trip. Click here to see what they have done so far.
Dad was his typical helpful handyman self while he was here. I think in his retirement he can become the next Bob the Builder - Graham the DIY man. My cupboards shut properly, my coat hooks don't wobble, my light fittings are clean, and my ironing is done (Som will be relieved to know!!) I am sure there are loads of things he's worked on that I didn't even know about, so thanks Dad!
We went to Vinopolis yesterday, for anyone in London or coming to London, I totally recommend it as a afternoon filler. We took an Explorer tour. Vinopolis is a Wine Tasting exhibition under the arches near Borough Market, they have information on wines from around the world, as well as tasting stations, and tasting lessons. In addition to SEVEN wine tastings we also had Whisky tasting, Absinthe tasting, a Bombay Saphire cocktail and beer tasting. We were very well behaved if I do say so myself!! Although for me, it might have been to do with the fact that Thai and Israeli wine is vile, and Chocolate Beer is putrid, meaning I didn't finish at least 3 of my tastings. Mum and Dad did a trade in tasting vouchers which meant dad forfeited premium wine vouchers for beer (Tattinger for Beer - their's no comparison) I don't think I've ever really drunk Whisky, but may be a convert. But I think the best discoveries of the trip were made in the Bombay Saphire room. Firstly you can work out what gin is actually made out of (Who hasn't wondered - and the answer is 10 spices and welsh water!!) but secondly, there is a chance I may actually like gin - uh oh, that could be dangerous!! BUT the best was Dad ordering a random cocktail thinking someone else would be drinking it (not really his scene) it was a putrid blue drain cleaner colour - gin, blue caracao and apple juice, in a teeny tiny cocktail glass! Turns out Dad quite enjoyed it himself!
So our appartment is back to being our own and we'll be able to (finally) finish putting things away properly. Our unpacking has been a bit of a work in progress for the last 5 weeks, but I think we've worked out what we want to do now. My dining table arrived last week, it looks great. They actually delivered a different top to what we'd ordered, but we prefer it, so it suits us fine!! My chairs arrive on the 17th and hopefully our sofa isn't far away. When they are all in, I'll take some photo's to show everyone.
I'd planned to put some of Ellen's photo's up above our new sofa, but the resolution isn't high enough to blow them up to the size I want, so sorry El, we'll find an alternate place for them instead. That being said, for all of you with digital cameras set your resolution as high as you can, you never know when you'll want to blow them up and it's disappointing when you can't.
Speak soon
Anna


4 Comments:
Hey...
Let me know which pics they were exactly as I always take them at kick ass size. Not sure if you have the best ones. What size are you trying to blow them up to anyway...
Can't wait for pics of the place
E
Hi Anna,
I remember a two balls at Uni where I ended up comforting a crying girl - a separate one on each occasion. Not happy nights.
Their sadness was caused by the free Gin at the full bar.
Tino should be very concerned.
cheers, Som
Howdy - home safe and sound - thanks for a great time - after some well earned sleep we are about to tackle the BIG world at home - You will be pleased to know that we bought some gin on the way through so now need to know how to make the cocktail!
Love M & D XXX
PS - washing is done so now to the ironing!
Sounds like you had a very busy but very funfilled time with 'Mum & Dad' while they were there. I like the sound of the cocktail Graham scored, must find a way to make it here. Can't wait for pics of your flat when they are up and running. Good luck.
April. x
Post a Comment
<< Home