Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Cyril the Squirrel


Tino and I have been enjoying watching squirrels outside our windows in the mornings. Until today, we had only ever seen one, who I had called Cyril the Squirrel.

This morning we saw at least 4 in the yard next door, which poses a problem - how many names can I think of and how do I tell them apart?

So, these two were named Cyril and Sally, Cyril is at the bottom with the bushier tail and more grey, Sally is at the top, she's more of a ginger than Cyril.

Of course they then moved and I couldn't tell them apart, they then ran off. Two others came up the tree later in the morning - but then it could have been the same two - I can't tell.

Therefore, all of my "pet" squirrels will henceforth be known as Cyril and Sally.

7 Comments:

At 9:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marmites and now the squirrel. I'm seeing a pattern.

If you tried to feed some marmite (as in the spread) to a squirrel... oh no, it just does not bear thinking about. It would be pandemonium!

 
At 9:31 am, Blogger Anna said...

You can see a pattern? I'm going mad is the pattern!!

 
At 12:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was surprised at how small squirrels actually are. They always looked so large in kids story books.
Last week there was a wild duck sitting on the top of the kitchen chimney in Nan's old house - it was making quite a racket
Love JEG xxxx

 
At 7:21 pm, Blogger Amanda, Flynn and Richard said...

Amanda says you are nuts - It's okay, squirrels like nuts. xxx

 
At 2:26 am, Blogger Timtak said...

I took the liberty of using the headline copy of your blog in my cultural psychology class as proof positive that the Japanese are renown for taking photographs everywhere that they go.

I hope you enjoy your last days in Hikari.

 
At 9:21 am, Blogger Anna said...

Thanks for the message Timothy, Really Turning Japanese is the name of my sisters blog actually, but she will be very pleaseed, she is a teacher herself!

 
At 6:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home