Wednesday, June 28, 2006

July 8th - Moving day

So, it's pretty much confirmed now, we will, with any luck be moving on Saturday July 8th!

It's the first time we've had to set up a home together, and it is all quite an experience. In the UK, it is pretty normal to rent a house furnished (in some instances this even extends to bed linen and cutlery) so we're having to buy all the big things.

I've already written about the sofa purchase, yesterday we ordered our bed. We're having trouble finding a dining table we like and the chairs we've ordered will not be delivered for 6 weeks!! At this point we will not get delivery of the sofa until 3 weeks after we move in, and chairs until 5 weeks after we move in. I'm not sure what we'll be sitting on until then!! It looks like we'll be having a lot of carpet picnics.

So, this weekend will be our last in Victoria Rise, I'm kind of sad, I'm going to miss it. It was our first little place to call our own and I am still really fond of it. Of course, like any rental place, if you owned it, there are loads of things you would do to improve it, but here are a few things I will miss:
  • Location - Being on the corner with 2 mini-supermakets (is that an oxymoron) was great
  • The choice of buses - it's only and extra 200 metres or so to walk, but it all counts
  • The high ceilings
  • The view onto trees in the middle of London
  • Miss B singing religous songs in her back yard
  • Discovering a hidden treasure in the very back of our one and only food cupboard - I forgot we bought that!
  • Having an open plan kitchen/lounge room
  • Corum - even though I've not been there in ages

These are some things I wont miss:

  • Inigo
  • Sirens
  • Drivers that stop their car on the road and honk their horns to tell their girlfriend/colleague/mum/ex wife that they have arrived. Have you heard of mobile phones?!
  • Drivers that stop their car on the road and get out blocking the entire road and causing a line of traffic to honk their horns to alert you of your stupidity
  • Getting woken up at 6.30am on a Monday when Lambeth Council start collecting recycling - starting with the RSL's bottle bin
  • Des (our landlord that lives above us) going for a run every morning at 7.15 and slamming his front door
  • Fox fights

That's all from me. I'm sure there will be a lot of things to write about coming up. Let's see if Tino and I can survive the move without argument. Last time I did it by myself.

Love Anna

5 Comments:

At 8:19 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh the joys of moving. I hope that you have heaps of fun, and take photos of all the issues causing arguments! Enjoy.

 
At 8:38 am, Blogger Anna said...

I will!!

 
At 7:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Anna & Tino. Good luck with the moving. Make shopping for big items fun! I'm sure you will have jobs for M & G as well as ironing.
Enjoying your blog; haven't accessed it lately, Internet problems
Love JEG xxx

 
At 7:03 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a phote of the building front and the view across the street?
Love JEG xxx

 
At 11:34 am, Blogger Anna said...

Thanks for the message, I'll get you a front view when we've moved in, our view is accross the backyard of the house next door (stunning house) I'll take loads of photos for you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home