Monday, May 22, 2006

18 Macauley Court, London, SW4 0QU



More about the flat....

We're in the middle of buying our first flat together. 18 Macauley Court is a 2 bedroom flat, which means there's plenty of room for people to stay! Come one, come all, we're really looking forward to having people stay with us finally!

The flat is part of a 1920's appartment building, so rather than conversions of Victorian terraces, the flats are purpose built, the layout is good and the rooms are decent sizes. The windows were redone a couple of years ago with double glazing, and we are back from the street, so even though we're still under the flight path (and let's face it most of London is) it is going to be really quiet.

A little bit of history, during WW2 the area around the building was bombed quite extensively, the house on the corner and our building remained standing. Now, as you walk along Macauley Road you can see where the terraces finish abruptly showing the extent of the damage. Mostly in London where areas were bombed you get a lot of ugly comission housing, but the house that remains on the corner has a back yard which takes up most of the block and has prevented the neighbourhood from being filled with these. In fact, our windows look over their backyard and swimming pool.

For those of you who have Google Earth, enter SW4 0QU and you can cleary see the building (and the house on the corner with the swimming pool)

For more information on the flat, and a floor plan, go to
http://vanstonssales.webdadi.biz/details.dtx?propertyid=27984041-5E5B-4496-B8E6-A714F070C434

Lots of love, Anna

7 Comments:

At 11:27 pm, Blogger Scott said...

Fantastic! I whole-heartedly support your new-found geekdom, Bomb!

Actually, perhaps writing "bomb" on a blog entitled "News From London" is a bit insensitive. Sorry.

I just google-earted the address - it's so close to Clapham Junction! What a good location. Can't wait to visit.

 
At 11:40 pm, Blogger Turning Japanese said...

Oh dear... I wanted to be first to comment. I guess I was sleeping when Scott got his chance (as I am in a diff time zone). Oh and I like you profile photo, Scott. You haven't changed a bit!

I am offnow to put you as a link on my page. Keep the photos coming, you know that's what I like.

 
At 6:33 am, Blogger Anna said...

Can't wait to have you here Scott!!!

 
At 12:13 am, Blogger Scott said...

Interesting post about cycling, Bomb!

I'm still stuck back on the whole London real estate news.

First, I love the layout and that you have a "reception" in your new apartment. Will you have a receptionist? Or will you add that to your list of titles, alongside "Cycling Widow"?

Second, I love where it is. How fantastic. We'll have to go and have cocktails at that bar you, Piers and I went to. I'm pretty sure that was my first "Bellini".

Third, the purchase indicates you will be in London for at least "a while" which means I need to get my butt over there to see you. The plan is still for next March, or July at the latest.

 
At 3:13 pm, Blogger Anna said...

Scott:

Don't worry it's still stumbling distance from Corum so we'll go there again. It's also a bit closer to Clapham Common, so loads of new bars to try....

The reception doesn't come with a receptionist, but it does sound rather posh doesn't it?

Given the amount of time I spend planning ways to decorate at the moment, I'm no longer Cycling Widow, I'm now Martha Stewart!! (without the insider trading complications of course...)

See you over this way soon!!!

 
At 3:47 am, Blogger Turning Japanese said...

So Scott... Where are you these days?

I lauged hard at you comments!

 
At 3:47 am, Blogger Turning Japanese said...

laughed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home